Directions: Read the questions below and formulate a response to each that is at least one hundred words in length. Please cite the textbook and external resources to support your answer (Wikipedia sources are not permitted). List each resource used at the end of paper in the reference list section. Please remember that you may utilize LIRN to help you search for resources. You can visit the Academic Resource Center for a guide on how to utilize LIRN successfully.
- Contrast a nuclear family and an extended family.
- What are the advantages of an arranged marriage according to Native Americans?
- Discuss the functions of exogamy and one function of endogamy.
- Describe and explain the symbols used by anthropologists to diagram kinship relations.
- Discuss how marriage customs are social constructs.
- Describe two goals of kinship systems.
- Give one difference between Hawaiian terminological systems and Iroquois terminological systems.
- Compare and contrast kinship in patrilineal and matrilineal societies.
- Compare and contrast the functions of kinship in societies that have unilineal descent and those that have nonunilineal (bilateral) descent.
- Explain what a clan is.
PART II: Journal #1
Using a minimum of three resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1-2 page paper in APA format to identify and describe the various forms of marriage found cross-culturally. Explain the advantages of each from a woman’s viewpoint and from a man’s viewpoint.
PART III: Journal #2
Using a minimum of three resources (Wikipedia.com is not an option) write a 1-2 page paper in APA format to compare and contrast the functions of kinship in societies that have unilineal descent and those that have bilateral (or kindred) descent. Give speciﬁc examples from your assigned ethnography or other readings and from your own culture.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]