Assignment 1: Leader Motivation and a Well-Managed Change Process
Motivation theories are defined by something that increases the chance of a behavior occurring to reach a particular outcome. Organizational transformation can be addressed through the process of stages dependent upon certain motivational behaviors. In this discussion, you will choose the most appropriate motivational theories as they relate to managing change in your chosen company. Choose a company (your employer is okay) going through a change wherein the leaders and employees are resistant to the change. Discuss the motivational process of both the chief executive officer (CEO) implementing the change and the leaders and employees being persuaded to accept said change. Provide recommendations to further motivate the leaders and employees to accept said change. Be sure to include how you will measure employee motivation.
In this discussion, be sure to address the following questions:
- What is the name of your company (unless you are using your employer), and what is the current change being resisted?
- Why is the change being resisted?
- What is the current motivational process of the chief executive officer (CEO) to effect the change?
- What is the current motivational process of the leaders and employees to accept the change?
- Which motivational theory best describes how to move your chosen company forward with the change identified? Describe the theory.
- What recommendations do you have, as an industrial/organizational (I/O) professional, to further motivate the leaders and employees?
- By Saturday, September 26, 2015, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, September 30, 2015, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, identify the similarities and differences between what you have constructed and what your classmates have. In your response, consider:
- Posing a question to your classmates’ posts
- Making an observation about the content of your classmates’ posts
- Commenting on an idea or a concept
- Highlighting an experience or insight gained from reading your classmates’ posts
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]