Deliverable Length: 2-4 pages
The issue of wrongful convictions is a problem that has haunted court systems throughout the United States. The news depicts individuals being saved from death row when new evidence arrives or when evidence that was provided is proved to be false. Judges have always been expected to decipher and correctly judge every case, specifically pertaining to criminal acts. The expectations derive from the nature of individuals’ lives being in the hands of the judgment of the particular judge.
Please write your paper to answer the following questions. The answer or opinion must be supported by an academic source or real-life criminal justice finding.
- How common is it for an individual to be wrongfully convicted in the criminal justice system?
- Is the United States court system judged fairly in this manner by the public?
- What do you think is a reason why an innocent person is convicted of committing a crime that he or she did not commit? Are there rules or measures that can be put in place to prevent future wrongful convictions?
- Does the court system have adequate protections in place minimizing the risk that innocent people could be convicted and then punished even though they are innocent? What additional protections would you recommend?
- Are wrongful convictions an issue common only to the United States Judicial system, or are they common in the judicial systems of other countries? Look at 3 other countries to compare.
Your paper should include specific references and demonstrate knowledge of the criminal justice system, guiding theories, and administrative practices. You will be graded on the clarity of the analysis, recommendations, and the presentation.
Imagine that you are an attorney specializing in juvenile justice cases. You receive a phone call from Mrs. Ingrim, whose 15-year old has been arrested for stealing a car, driving without a license, and finally crashing the car into a storefront. Mrs. Ingrim is distraught and concerned that her child will be held in the county jail and abused. The maximum sentence that can be assessed is 6 years in prison to a minimum of 200 hours of community service and 2 weeks in the county’s boot camp program.
Please answer the following questions. As you answer each question, you must provide support or evidence that will enhance and empirically prove your answers. Academic criminal justice articles or real-life criminal justice findings that are not found in journals or other academic sources must be cited in supporting your answers. Please use APA style for all cited sources, including your References page.
- How will you respond to Mrs. Ingrim? Provide a short narrative if necessary to demonstrate your approach toward the client.
- What are the steps in the juvenile justice process that must be taken to defend Mrs. Ingrim’s teenager? Provide the steps and how you would approach the situation to ensure that every step is handled properly for this case.
- What are some of the differences between the juvenile and adult criminal justice systems? How are the juvenile defendants handled differently from the adult defendants?
- If you were the judge, how would you judge and sentence this case, understanding that the 15-year old committed the crime described?
PAPER MUST BE WRITTEN IN APA FORMAT. ALL REFERENCES AND RESOURCES MUST BE LISTED IN APA FORMAT AS WELL. ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM!!!! Part 1 and 2 should be done on seperate docs..
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]