- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your instructor can see which question you are responding to.
- The article “Fostering Second Language Development in Young Children” makes the statement, “Children become bilingual in different ways.” Explain at least two different ways that children become bilingual and why it is important for people who work with young children who are learning two languages to understand the term language imbalance.
- Based on the information on vocabulary development in your course text and other readings, explain the differences in vocabulary development for children who are bilingual and considerations to keep in mind with regard to assessing vocabulary development.
- Explain some of the ways that culture influences children’s language development and why cultural differences should be respected by educators and others who work with young children and families.
- Course Text: The Development of Language
- Chapter 4, “Semantic Development”
- Read “Assessing Vocabulary in Bilingual Children” (pp. 105–106)
- Read “Word-Meaning Awareness: Humor, Metaphor, and Irony” (pp. 108–109)
- Chapter 8, “Variation in Language Development: Implications for Research and Theory”
- Read “Linguistic Factors” (pp. 253–254)
- Article: Fostering Second Language Development in Young Children (PDF)
- Article: Cultural Diversity and Language Socialization in the Early Years (PDF)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]