Assignment 1: LASA 2: Course Project—Understanding Creative Capitalism
In this assignment, you will examine the concept of creative capitalism. Bill Gates, cofounder and chairperson of Microsoft Corporation, advocates that in addition to seeking profits, corporations should also become social entrepreneurs in order to help solve social problems. He has called this creative capitalism. Gates argues the desire to help others who are less fortunate should be as powerful a motivator as increasing profits for businesses today.
Read the transcript or conduct a search for the video of Bill Gates’ speech at the 2008 World Economic Forum:
- Gates, B. (2008). Bill Gates—2008—World Economic Forum—Creative Capitalism. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Retrieved from http://www.gatesfoundation.org/speeches-commentary/Pages/bill-gates-2008-world-economic-forum-creative-capitalism.aspx
Review the following:
- General Electric (GE). (2011 ). Citizenship. Retrieved from http://www.gecapital.com/en/our-company/citizenship.html
- Walmart Corporate. Community and Giving. Retrieved from http://walmartstores.com/CommunityGiving/
Using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the concept of creative capitalism. Select at least three references for use in your assignment (one may be your textbook).
Complete the following:
- Explain free market capitalism
- Describe creative capitalism
- Explain the three advantages of creative capitalism in relation to businesses
- Explain the concept of corporate social responsibility using two examples of socially responsible companies. Clearly and concisely support your examples and explain why these companies are considered socially responsible.
- Comment on Gates’ creative capitalism. Do you think that creative capitalism can become the future of capitalism in the U.S.? Justify your response with examples and research.
Give reasons and illustrative examples in support.
Write a 5–6-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M5_A1.doc.
By Monday, September 28, 2015, deliver your assignment to the M5: Assignment 1 Dropbox.
Course Project Grading Criteria and Rubric
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Explain free-market capitalism.||
|Describe creative capitalism.||
|List and describe three advantages of creative capitalism as it pertains to business.||
|Explain corporate social responsibility (CSR).||
|Identify two examples of socially responsible companies. Explain why they are considered socially responsible.||
|Summarize your opinion of Gates’ creative capitalism and explain if it can become the future of capitalism in the U.S.||
Usage and Mechanics (16)
APA Elements (16)
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]