*Recall the five key elements of the Let’s Move Program
- Physical Education
- Physical Activity during school
- Physical Activity before and after school
- Staff Involvement
- Family and Community engagement
State the age/stage of children your ideas are best suited for to create your active classroom
- Benefits of exercise and proper nutrition
- The positive impact each has on learning.
Describe at least two ways you would encourage development of gross motor skills of this age group on a daily basis.
- First “way” for Gross Motor Skills
Examples: coordination, balance, agility, power, speed activities, parachute games, etc.
- Second “way” for Gross Motor Skills
- How will you assess learning?
Examples: anecdotal record, daily log, checklist, etc.
- What materials you will need?
- How will your classroom design support first and second activities?
Explain your stance on the debate presented in the Instructor Guidance
Example: I believe those opportunities for play is equally important to the development of skills as academic instruction! ETC………
I believe more time needs to be spent teaching academic skills, social and emotional growth within the school environment. Physical growth needs to be left for the parents to promote. ETC………..
There have been many initiatives in the United States implemented to encourage schools to not only promote physical activity for young children, but to also increase awareness in students about proper nutrition. In this discussion, we will explore the development of curriculum, assessment, and instruction for physical activity. Begin preparing by reviewing the website about the Let’s Moveprogram. Now, imagine that your school or center is considering becoming part of the Let’s Move program. Recall the five key elements of the Let’s Move program, along with initiatives for promoting proper nutrition; these elements are physical education, physical activity during school, physical activity before and after school, staff involvement, and family and community engagement.
Now, further imagine that in an effort to achieve school-wide change, your principal or director has asked all teachers to brainstorm ideas on how they will create an active classroom, thus addressing the second Let’s Move key element (i.e., Physical activity during school) and how the teachers will promote healthy nutrition. For this discussion, you will create a plan for how you will address these topics. Remember to review the Instructor Guidance and other required readings for this week to further prepare for this discussion.
Initial Post: Create an initial response in which you
- State the age/stage of children your ideas are best suited for.
- Explain the benefits of exercise and proper nutrition, and the positive impact each has on learning. Support your explanation with at least one scholarly resource.
- Describe at least two ways you will encourage development of gross motor skills for this age group on a daily basis. Make sure to include how you will assess learning, as well as all materials you will need and how your classroom design or outdoor environment will support these activities.
- Explain your stance on the following debate, making sure to consider which category you would place yourself in and why. Support your decision with at least one scholarly resource.
Debate: In the United States, there has been significant debate about the role that schools and childcare centers play in ensuring children are receiving enough time to be physically active. One side of the debate feels that schools and centers should focus more on academics and promoting social and emotional growth, placing more emphasis on parents promoting physical growth at home. The other side of the debate feels that physical development and being active is just as important as academics, and therefore should be given equal time in schools.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]